Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's My Life (Blog #1)

I decided to do a blog about my life and all that it encompasses. I want it to be real - it is going to be my "inside" voice but appropriate. Not the me that I present to the world but the internal world that I actually live in complete with all its struggles. I will write about my new found career choice, relationships and most importantly my hopes and dreams. I have a dream (this is where I feel like Martin Luther King) that I will earn millions and be able to help the homeless, families, lost and hurting young adults,orphans and widows. I want to tell people about a love that is real, one that is sustaining, one that has the power to change lives. So is anyone even going to be interested in reading my blog? I don't have a clue but I figure it probably will be therapeutic for me at the very least so here it goes. Let's begin with my new found career choice. I am now an online marketer. What exactly do I do? I am just trying to figure this out for myself. I market a mentoring program,travel and flash videos in a nutshell. I am not a computer whiz so I have definitely have had a steep learning curve. Skype, team viewer and marketing terms like dripping were all foreign to me. At this time, it would also make sense to tell you more about a few realizations I had prior to making the decision for this career change. What I knew I did not want was to be an employee working for $20/hr. and having to learn how to play the office politics game. I also did not want to have to drive to a job. I have been rear ended 4 times in my life and after this last accident in July, you couldn't pay me to drive on the streets of Edmonton. I figured out that staying home had to be the safest place for me. I have to go now - got to go pick up a cooler from my aunt's house. A funny story but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Let's call the story "The Tale of the Travelling Leftovers". Please view my websites at: www.laidoffneedpay.com or www.gaylehafner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment